If you're craving something sweet, but don't want to go the classic cake route, then this is for you. Packed with Vitamin C, our Orange Loaf is perfect for any occasion.Oranges are a nutritional powerhouse, packed with vitamins and minerals. This quick-loaf recipe uses fresh orange juice for extra-bright citrus flavors everyone will love. It’s soft, moist, and bursting with delicious flavor, why don't you give it a go.
Ingredients for the orange loaf:
1 & 3/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted & cooled
1/4 cup organic honey
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp almond milk
2 tbsp orange juice
Ingredients for the glaze (optional):
1/2 cup powdered sugar: sifted to get rid of any clumps
2-3 tablespoons of orange juice
Orange Loaf:1. Preheat your oven to 180°C. Line or grease a loaf tin and set it aside for later.
2. In a large bowl whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt until combined.
3. In a small bowl, combine the oil, eggs, honey, almond milk, and orange juice.
4. Pour the egg mixture in with the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly until there are no lumps.
5. Pour the batter into the lined/greased loaf tin. Place in the middle of your preheated oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Glaze:1. In a small bowl whisk together the sugar and orange juice until completely combined and no lumps remain. If the glaze is too thick, add more orange juice one teaspoon at a time to thin it out to your preferred consistency.
2. When the loaf is cool enough to handle, carefully remove it from the pan and place it on a cooling rack with paper towels/ baking paper underneath to catch the glaze. Drizzle or pour the glaze over the top.
Recipe and photography by Gené Schesser. Gené is a Queensland based Naturopathy student and content creator, check out her Instagram for more healthy recipes!