At the best of times, the holiday season can be as challenging and stressful as they are joyous and uplifting. With many of us being impacted by the whirlwind that is the global pandemic, this has never been truer.It is so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. With all the shopping, cooking and prep-work involved, it can become overwhelming for anyone. While we all want to make the holidays special for our nearest and dearest, the only way we can properly look after them is to look after ourselves.
To help make it a truly special time, here are 5 ways to help you destress and recharge this holiday season.
1. Make Time for YouWhile it may feel like the holidays are filled with days spent doing everything for everyone else, it is important to carve out some time for yourself to absorb and process all the chaos and commotion that takes place at this time of year. Remember, if you take care of yourself, you are better prepared to look after those around you.
To give yourself the opportunity to unwind and reset for the seemingly endless holiday tasks and chores, take time out for yourself to do something relaxing – whether it’s reading, doing some yoga, or simply vegging out in the bathtub with your aromatherapy candles and ultrasonic aroma diffuser creating a soothing ambience, even the shortest break will make a massive difference to your mental health this holiday season.
2. Enjoy Yourself!Christmas is the time of year when fun is practically a prerequisite. While this is often not front of mind, there is no reason why you shouldn’t introduce a bit of playfulness and excitement to your celebrations. Bring some balance to those overwhelming, stressful holiday moments by taking a break and doing something that you enjoy.
Why not overindulge on those delicious Christmas biscuits, or binge-watch all of your childhood favourite Christmas movies? Whatever excites you, be sure to make it a regular part of your holiday celebrations!
3. Care for Your BodyTo make it through the madness that is the holiday period, making sure to take care of your physical wellbeing is an absolute must. Practising good, healthy habits will help keep you ready and primed to take on anything and everything that comes your way. Studies have shown that maintaining good nutrition, following healthy sleeping habits, and getting regular movement helps to reduce anxiety, depression, and negative emotions. So be sure to maintain a balanced diet amongst all the Christmas treats, get plenty of sleep for rest and rejuvenation, and don’t let your exercise regime slip away to become a New Year’s resolution!
You can also revamp your skincare and makeup regimes to keep you feeling fresh and looking amazing. With our 100% natural, organic products, we at RAWW Cosmetics can help you look and feel your best with nourishing collections of superfood infused skincare and makeup to help you through this holiday season.
4. Practice GratitudeAfter a stressful year, it can be easy to overlook all the wonderful, positive things that happen around the world. However, it is because of these challenging times that it is so important to remain grateful for each of our blessings, no matter how small. By practising gratitude this holiday season, you will be able to find a greater sense of appreciation for yourself and the people around you.
Whether you have overcome challenges this year, or if you are fortunate enough to have all of your loved ones around to help you tackle oncoming obstacles, express your gratitude.
If you have managed to keep your good health throughout a turbulent year, express your gratitude.
Even if you were able to go out for a long walk and enjoy the sunshine, express your gratitude!
Nothing is too small or insignificant to acknowledge. This practice will help us all move forward from more negative feelings, preparing ourselves for the year ahead with a clearer, more contented vision.
5. Stay ConnectedSadly, many families and friends find themselves separated over the holiday season. However, just because you cannot be with your loved ones in person, that does not mean that you can’t take part in all the festive fun. Try looking for exciting and interesting ways to connect with others, for example hosting a zoom session to wrap gifts with friends, taking part in an online class to create Christmas crafts or organising a regular Facetime or Zoom call for holiday mealtimes.
Loneliness is something that many people experience during the holidays, undoubtedly this year more than ever. So, make the most of the opportunities at hand to reach out and stay connected with those around you to flex your social muscles and help maintain your mental and emotional health.
Let’s Wrap it UpRemembering to look after yourself during the holiday period can be something of a challenge. Neglecting to do so will likely leave you feeling drained, searching for ways to help get yourself back on track for the upcoming New Year. Yet by following these simple steps, you will find that you are able to not only make it through the holidays but thrive and enjoy everything about them!
To learn more about how to keep yourself healthy and looking great, contact us at RAWW Cosmetics for tips and recommendations, or check out our Wellness Hub for more interesting blogs to help you navigate 2022.