It’s no secret that we LOVE superfoods and their amazing benefits for the skin. At RAWW, we try to pack them into everything, from the foods we eat to the skincare we use.
To get the glowing complexion of your dreams, you need to make sure you’re eating a healthy diet full of foods high in antioxidants as well as Vitamin C, fruits and vegetables to support not only your physical body but your skin too. That’s why we partnered with Parisi to bring you the low-down on the 5 superfoods you need in your diet and in your skincare routine to have the healthiest-looking skin of your life.
Our Top 5 Superfoods That Will Do Wonders For Your Skin:
1. KaleKale is a SUPER superfood. While you’re most likely to find it in your salad and in Parisi’s veggie boxes, Kale also has heaps of benefits for your skin. A hero ingredient in our Kale'd It Nail Lacquer, our breathable 10-free nail polish formula is powered by Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids and Kale Protein to stimulate keratin production, giving you strong and healthy nails without any of the nasties often found in nail polish.
2. Avocado/Avocado OilAn ever popular and delicious breakfast ingredient (smashed avo on toast, anyone?), there are also tons of skin benefits of avocado. Found in skincare in its oil form, Avocado Oil is super nutritious for your skin too! One of the best foods for skin, this mighty fruit is rich in fatty acids and contains high levels of Vitamin E which helps keep the skin moisturised. You’ll find it in our Recover-ME Beauty Face Oil where it works to moisturise and smooth the skin.
3. Vitamin C (Oranges/Citrus Fruits)
Typically found in citrus fruit, this superstar ingredient is the most essential antioxidant needed to help slow down the ageing process. One of the best fruits to eat for healthy skin, it also gets rid of bacteria, helping to keep skin clear from blemishes and is great for overall skin immunity. We use Kakadu Plum in our products, which is the world’s richest source of Vitamin C. You can find it in our Smooth-ME Anti Aging Serum, for example, where it helps to brighten, plump and firm the skin.
4. BerriesWe recommend sneaking berries into all of your superfood smoothies - after all, they’re delicious! But berries are also a very popular ingredient in our superfood skincare. They are packed with antioxidants and amino acids which help to maintain healthy, youthful skin - keeping the visible signs of ageing at bay. They also help to brighten the skin by protecting from environmental aggressors. Our Wildberry Harvest is our Superfood innovation made with 3 Australian Outback 'super-berries' and is clinically proven to boost hydration x3! You will find it in lots of our products, including our Dew Drop Hydrating Serum and Wildberry Boost Hydrating Primer.
5. Coconut WaterCoconut Water is AMAZING at keeping your body hydrated, it’s rich in nutrients and has more potassium than bananas! When it’s added to skincare, it helps to keep skin plump, dewy, flush out toxins plus boost hydration and improves skin elasticity. It really is a power house! Drinking coconut water is great for your skin but you’ll also find it in our moisturisers like our Super Hydrate-ME Day Cream where it will give your skin an extra daily dose of intense hydration.
Superfood For Skin HealthThe power of natural ingredients goes far beyond your beauty cabinet. Superfood skincare needs to come from the inside too! Fill your plate with super yummy fruit and veg and watch your body glow from within. Check out Parisi’s website and Instagram, and shop their fruit and veg boxes offering the freshest produce, uniquely selected for you.
If you want to find out more about the benefits of superfoods for your skin, check out our Superfood ingredients guide and become a superfood skincare expert!